International conference „Perspectives of the Fiscal Policy in Latvia and the EU”
The international conference „Perspectives of the Fiscal Policy in Latvia and the EU” organised by the Ministry of Finance took place on June 6, 2013 in Riga, Latvia.
The issues of fiscal policy reforms are often on the top of the European policy maker’s agenda. The participants discussed the current trends in public finances in the Baltic States and fiscal policy governance issues.
The various aspects have been presented in the conference by experts from the European countries and international economic organisations. The conference contributed to public discussion on fiscal policy development and responsible fiscal policy culture in Latvia.
Agenda and presentations:
- Welcome Address, Valdis Dombrovskis, Prime Minister, Latvia
- Andris Vilks, Minister of Finance, Latvia “Fiscal policy priorities in Latvia”
- Nils Sakss, Director, Fiscal Policy Department, Ministry of Finance, Latvia "Main Principles of Fiscal Policy in Latvia"
- Algimantas Rimkūnas, Vice-minister, Ministry of Finance, Lithuania "Fiscal discipline in Lithuania", "Lithuania‘s EU Presidency 2013"
- Sven Kirsipuu, Deputy Head of Fiscal Policy Department, Ministry of Finance, Estonia "Fiscal Policy in Estonia Consolidate to stimulate"
- Victoria Strokova, Economist, The World Bank , "Tax-benefit policies in Latvia: equity considerations and implications for sustainable fiscal policy"
- Angela D'Elia, Fiscal Policy and Surveillance unit, European Commission, “Monitoring implementation of the SGP/Fiscal compact”
- Christoph Mosimann, Federal Finance Administration, Switzerland, “On Swiss Debt Brake”
- Ronnie Downes, Deputy Head of the Budgeting and Public Expenditure Division, OECD, “Fiscal Governance and Fiscal Risks”
- Roel Beetsma, professor, University of Amsterdam, "Dutch fiscal governance and performance of the past 50 years”
- Christiane Roehler, Public Financial Management Advisor, IMF, “Fiscal Risk Transparency”
The conference was moderated by Morten Hansen, Stockholm School of Economics in Riga.
The Conference was financed by the European Social Fund and the Ministry of Finance, Latvia.
Videos from the conference are available here.
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER
Ministry of Finance processes personal data according to the laws and regulations. Before providing your personal data, please get acquainted with data proceeding procedure. In order to provide information accessible for the society, photos, as well as video and audio records might be made within the premises of the Ministry of Finance.
Tālrunis uzziņām: 67095405
Lietvedības tālrunis: 67095578
Adrese: Smilšu iela 1, Rīga, LV-1919, Latvija